Saturday, October 7, 2017

I had such a wonderful birthday and thank you for the beautiful cards you sent. It was a busy week since I had to cancel everything last week because I felt so bad. I was doing so much better and thought I was out of the woods but today got up with heavier coughing and still have all indications that the infection is still in my lungs. I will call Dr. Monday to see if I can get some help. My friend Marilyn is coming down Sunday for our monthly get together so I hope I can do that.

Here is one of my Halloween cards. The image is a stamp by The Art of Brett Weldele. This is a new stamp set to me and I've made three cards using it so far. The background is Distress Oxides. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz and the tree is a Lawn Fawn die. The bat and skull are stickers. It's not too traumatizing except the fangs in the teeth! Be kind to one another.





4 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful background with your DO inks, Brenda! Glad you enjoyed your BD, but you should not be waiting until Monday to get more treatment!! If I'd gone to the ED when hubby wanted me to my diverticulitis might not have gotten as extensive! I'm doing great now--the antibiotics are clearly working. Big hugs, Greta

MaryH said...

Bummer, I read your earlier post where your coughing was improving. By all means, you best see the doctor again, before this gets you real far down. Takes so long to come back if you let it get too big a hold on you. This is a new stamp company to me...and you have done excellently with the image against the wonderful blended oxide background. Looks SP-OOO-OKy! So good to see you making cards and having fun. Pats to Molly. Hugs

Colleen said...

Oh, and I thought you were on the mend my friend!! I hope you are taking it easy, but certainly hope you are well enough to do your crafting with your friend! What a fun card, I am sure one of your grands will love it! Take care! Heart Hugs, col

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, dear! That does not sound good that you are still ill. But your Halloween card is fantastic!