Friday, September 9, 2016

Several days ago I had my first crafting attack. Fortunately my life is not in danger. This is an amazing tool that I use to punch bits out of die cuts. Looks so innocent doesn't it?

I was in my craft room minding my own business running a die through the Big Kick and punching out the little unnecessary unwanted bits. Out of nowhere and with no provocation whatsoever this little handy tool leaped  rolled off my craft island and attacked stabbed me in the foot. Of course the little plastic protector cap was off and I immediately sustained blood loss from an open wound requiring 300 no stitches . It really did swell up quite a bit and was red around the wound for several days. It was actually painful up to the middle part of my leg. .The redness has subsided and the swelling is down so it is on the mend. Who knew crafting could be hazardous to your health. Be kind to one another and to your craft tools. 

8 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh-oh yeah, sometimes it can be dangerous in a craft room.

Colleen said...

OMG Brenda, I have that little tool right handy for grabbing, I best keep my eye on that! Glad to hear you are healing, but WOW, that sure did a number on your foot and leg!! Take Care friend!

Lisa said...

Oh, bad tool-in-one!! That needle is huge so I know it had to hurt!! Mine attacked me, too!! I was using the roller end to remove pieces from a background die and I may or may not have been a bit aggressive (it's up for debate) but the end of the sucker snapped right off!! Instead of a tool-in-one, I use two different ones now... a Tim Holtz craft pick and Sizzix roller thingy!! Be careful of those dangerous craft tools my friend!! I'm glad no stitches were required!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Di said...

Ouch! I have that tool here and have moved it to a distant place where it can't leap out at me. Poor you, I bet it hurt!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

You missed your calling, Brenda! You need to be a comedy writer!! I mean, I'm sorry for your wound that actually sounds like it could have done quite a bit of infectigating your foot and leg, but you did make me laugh! And you may have saved my life (among others) as I have one of these innocent little harbingers of death! I have duly warned!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

LOL, I'd better tie mine down! Glad you healed!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Eeeeek Brenda!!!!! how terrifying.
I have one of those right next to my bug with the lid of the pointy end too.
Must keep close eye on mine, and I think I would've been less calm than you seem to be over redness and swelling etc. As that is how cellulitis starts and could easily have been that meaning a hospital visit and drip. I have had two friends come down with it after an innocent wound so guess I am tad watchful over it these days.
thanks for popping over and rejoining my blog I am guessing you fell off the list somehow... curious isn't it, as Darnell had too ...
oh and I visit Greta's blog ... found it recently cant remember how! so glad you had time together... :D
Shaz in Oz.x

Greta said...

That is so darn scary! As I told you, when hubby saw that tool with the pointy end he said it looked like a hypodermic needle & that's why I liked it--haha!