Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I think I have recovered from Easter. I tried to do too much in a short period of time as far as cleaning. I love spring cleaning - well, maybe love is to strong a word for cleaning -  let's change that to detest, but it needs to be done. Since the family was coming I decided to really do things that hadn't been done over the winter.  None of it was hard, it was just too much with getting ready for Easter. Unfortunately I didn't know that until after the fact. Today and Monday I haven't done anything but veg and watch tv and read.

I am coming to the realization that I am not as young as I used to be. I can't shop all day like I used to. I can't clean the whole house in one day. I can't walk all day like I used to. It really is strange. My mind doesn't feel like it has changed at all but my body isn't co-operating. I can still do, just not as fast and not as long! It always surprises me. 

My card today was quick and easy. The background was randomly stamped with Everything Eleanor and a script. Then just stamped the greeting and punched it out and added to another punch. Added ribbon and mounted the greeting.  Be kind to one another.

 

6 comments:

MaryH said...

Had to laugh reading the post! You are describing me to a perfect "T". I get tired even doing the things I love, let alone mention cleaning (which I DON"T love!). I have to take many mini breaks - and too often when I sit down, it's a real effort to get myself motivated to get back up. You needed to rest a while after all the accomplishments over the wkend. Hey, you have it done now, and can wait a bit before it needs re-doing. We got our one of our legal appts done today, one more tomorrow. So I'm glad that's off my mind now. Your card is lovely. You said "easy", but the look is beautiful, definitely, and I love it! TFS & Hugs. Keep resting as you need.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Nope...you are talking about me again, aren't you?!?!?! But I know what you mean. "The mind is willing but the body ain't" I thought I was just slacking off. But I find it hard to keep up with what I used to do....I just don't know how in the world I kept a full time job all these years and still do the house work, cooking, gardening, cleaning, guess maybe a lot of things went by the wayside. Well take 'er easy :)

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, I feel the same way. I swear my mind thinks I'm still young, but my body betrays me and thinks it is double what my age is. I hate that I can't clean the whole house in a few hours. I can't clean it in a few days it feels like. lol I'm glad that you have been resting from all that cleaning and Easter. We just have to learn to pace ourselves a bit more. Now I just have to say that I love, love your card! That background is fabulous and at first I thought it was pattern paper! Only to find out that you stamped it! Wowzers! It is beautiful! Hugs

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, I hear ya on the "spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" issues! I don't blame you for vegging out after all that activity. When my folks were visiting, we didn't do anything at all taxing, but the day after they left I had to take a 2-1/2 hour nap!!

I love your pretty card! Those colors look wonderful together, and your random stamping is all so pleasantly placed. Lovely!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Brenda, love the colours. Enjoy relaxing after all that housework and hopefully it won't need doing again too soon :) Cathy x

Darnell said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! I love the design and colors! I so know what you mean about the "me" that's up inside my head and the "me" that's frumpy and slow and old on the outside. There is a complete disconnect there!! It is all very surprising and the only good thing about it is that I now treat people older than me with a lot more tenderness and warmth than I used to coz now I GET IT!!

Glad you had a good Easter and wonderful weather! Hugs, Darnell