Thursday, March 13, 2014



Just a quick post today to share my second card from day 2 of class. I had a really hard time with this one. I don't have a perspective on depth and only had this stamp set that I thought would work. I'm posting it anyhow because I am learning and trying to do each thing they teach. I did the other card four times and never did get it close to right. I'll show it to you but don't think I will post it in the gallery. I used yellow and rusty hinge to ink with  and it didn't show up very well. Then the sentiment was crooked. I have used the grid lines, a stamp-a-ma-jig, a t square ruler, and a regular ruler and I cannot get things straight. I can't write in a straight line either. My writing goes up every time at the end.  Be kind to one another.


Oh, I didn't take a picture of the other card. Maybe later.  I am going to share this one in the gallery on http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3/days-3-4-student-gallery-optical-illusion/.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Brenda-love this scene!I could just be there now with the wind in my hair and the cry of the seagulls!I have set up a "mini" Blog just so that i can join in with a few challenges again-i am missing taking part!
Hugs,Nessa xx

Cat Craig said...

This is lovely Brenda. Wonderful stamp placements and colors.

Gaby said...

just lovely!

Emily Keaton said...

Good for you for trying so many new-to-you techniques!! I've been there, too--having days when no matter what I tried, I just couldn't get things to line up or turn out like I saw them in my head. And then, of course, are the projects when everything is going swell through all the different steps, andthen at the end, I get a smudge of ink right where it shouldn't be!!! Depth is really challenging, but I think you picked the perfect stamp set to try it out. You've assembled a lovely scene here. The depth looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Neat use of the scenic stamping technique from class, nice card!! :)

3kidmama said...

Great card - love the scene you've created!