Monday, February 24, 2014

I hope your weekend was a happy one. We had a great time Saturday with our family. I went to see my granddaughter skate in roller derby in the morning. Hubby didn't go because it's in a huge warehouse with concrete floors and it's very cold in there. She did great and got to be a jammer. That's where you start at the back and try to get through while the other team tries to keep you from getting through. It's very fast paced and both teams have jammers at the same time. She did so well. Not much to her so she's able to kind of slither through. Saturday afternoon we went to grandsons basketball game on the north side of town, Our other son and his family came to the game, then we all went out to dinner to celebrate Daughter in laws birthday. I made her card off of a card I saw on http://mycraftyplace281.blogspot.com/ blog. It was so perfect for DIL because she meditates. So all in all Saturday was fun. It was a lot for hubby. He was up late (for him) and slept for 12 hours, from 8 pm to 8 am. I can't remember him ever sleeping until 8 am! Sunday was a rest up day. The subzero temps are coming back this week, so I don't intend to be out and about too much. Be kind to one another.



 

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Great card Brenda, love the sentiment too LOL! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, Cathy x

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Busy, busy weekend. Enjoy your family. Cute card, funny verse, like asking for patience...give me patience and hurry up (:)

Colleen said...

Too funny card, Brenda, what a great sentiment! so glad you had a slight reprieve from the weather so you could get out and see the grandchildren and have dinner with the whole family. I spent a good part of each day watching granddaughter's basketballs games and grandson's BB game! So much fun, isn't it?

MaryH said...

Enjoyed reading about all your family fun. It sounds exciting, and I can see how proud you were of your grndtr. Loved your card & smiled at the sentiment. Bet your DIL loved it too. Hope your low temps will soon become a memory after this last bout of artic blast. We're told ours will go down in the 20's tonight for a few nights. Then hopefully Spring will sneak in. Some of our trees have buds, so I hope they don't get burned. Are you signing up for the next Hero class? I did. Hope I can do the homework this time!! TFS & Hugs. Stay warm

Emily Keaton said...

It sounds like you had a jam-packed, family-filled weekend, Brenda!! The best kind, for sure :). Your granddaughter's photos are so fun, and I just LOVE the meditating card you made. Peaceful yet funny, too!! Those are great colors. I hope you are keeping warm! We had 6 degrees this morning, and I saw 15-20 deer amble across our yard just before dawn. The poor things probably kept on the move all night just to keep warm!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--that card is just so wonderful! Bet she loved it! Nothing better than a day watching kids sports & dinner with family. Hope you're both rested up & that spring comes soon!

Vicky Hayes said...

I'd have had to watch the roller skating through my fingers Brenda! Love the fun card! Vicky x