Thursday, October 24, 2013

So many blogs, so little time! I'm still spending so much time online but I am so happy to see everyone's blog. What a world of inspiration out there. I love to see how each person intwerkprets a sketch or challenge. Oops, that was a "Darnellism". I'm seeing too much of Miley Cyrus news. That would be interprets. There is so much talent out there in blogland. Plus, you can learn anything from you tube that bloggers post. Love all of you so much. It is a small world for me here at home. My hubby is pretty well functioning after six years of being diagnosed with dementia. He is unable to start the dvd player or do simple tasks so I hate to be gone very long from home. He won't fix anything to eat so I am always here for meals or leave something in the fridge. I take him out to eat lunch when I go to the pharmacy or to run short errands. It gets him out for a while. He does wander off tho and I have to keep an eye on him! I'm always afraid he will let the dog outside and forget about her in really hot or really cold weather. So I am a homebody and since I found cardmaking I am in paper heaven. This card is my last Halloween one unless I case the minion one on Pinterest. It is the cutest card and I know the granddaughters would love it. This card used an old Debbie Mumm sticker that I really love and a strip of Bazzill rick rack ribbon. Been hoarding that sticker for several years but I am trying to use all my stuff up. Be kind to each other.

 

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Brenda, love this colour combo on your card. I agree it's easy to spend a lot of time on the computer and sometimes I don't get enough to make some cards! There is certainly lots of inspiration in blog land and fellow crafters are so generous with their hints, tips and how tos. It's a wonderful community to be part of and great for de-stressing and relaxing, for me anyway. Glad you are enjoying it too :) Cathy x

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Cute card. Sorry to hear about your husband...must be hard. My husband is bi-polar...he forgets things, but we figure it's the meds. I do most of the cooking and stuff. I have seen him have two break downs ('81 and '90)...very scary to watch, but the meds keep him stable, so we are happy about that.

Yes, card making is like therapy, although other things can sometimes get in the way. It is good to have creative hobby's plus blogging too, suddenly you find you have LOTS of friends you would not otherwise have and LOTS of new ideas to try and share!!

Have a great day!!

Colleen said...

Brenda, so glad you found this craft...and it is okay to spend hours on the computer looking through pinterest and blogland...lots of inspiration for you and it fills up your day and allows your to use your gifts. Your card is very fun, I love Debbie Mumm's art work!

MaryH said...

Brenda, sounds as though you have your hands full. But hard as this journey is for you, I'm so happy that you found a craft to enjoy, give you a bit of time for yourself, yet keep you where you can still handle the challenge you have been given. You're doing a fantastic job with the cards & blogging, so I can just guess your other duties are equally well attended. Isn't it lovely to make friends this way and feel you have a bit of a support group? Especially if you have a difficult day. Talk to us when you feel a need, and I think you'll find you always will have an ear, at least to listen when you need to vent. TFS such a pretty card. Loved that sticker, and you chose such perfect colors to go with the sticker. Hugs